This weekend I got to throw a party for my cousin who just moved into town. We made what was easily the best Spinach Artichoke Dip EVER! You could say I’m slightly biased, but it wasn’t just me. Everyone said so.
You will need to let the spinach thaw so it can be drained and squeezed. We had a small strainer to put over a bowl and dropped both boxes in there. That worked pretty well.
You are also going to want to make sure you have a clean knife, at least 1 big bowl and a cutting area ready.
Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip
Author: Arlene Miller II
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 2 cans artichoke hearts
- 2 boxes frozen chopped spinach
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mayo of your choice
- 4 tsp minced garlic (I used dry minced, but wet would work just as well)
- 1 tsp salt
- Drain the liquid from the artichoke cans and squeeze them a little to get the juice out from inside. (Notice mine are squished flat?). Then you want to cut them into smaller pieces. Quarters should do unless you like them smaller.
- Once the spinach has thawed, take small handfuls and squeeze the extra juice out of them as well. Add to the same bowl with the artichokes.
- Add in all remaining ingredients and mix well. You should have a creamy mix with no powder chunks left.
- Spread into a glass baking dish about an inch thick across the bottom and bake at 375° for 20 minutes.
When it’s done baking it should look like this. Notice the edges turn a slightly darker color, but not crispy or dry? That’s perfect!
You can serve this hot or make it a day ahead and refrigerate.