- 6 oz Chicken Breast
- 1 Schwan’s Garlic Texas Toast
- 2 tbsp Salsa of your choice
- 1-2 tbsp Guacamole
- Pre-heat oven to 375° and place the Garlic Texas Toast on an ungreased cookie sheet. Place bread in the oven on middle rack and cook for 6-7 minutes.
- While that is cooking grill your chicken breast on an inside grill or grill pan until fully cooked. About 5 minutes each side.
- Flip the bread in the oven and cook for about 4 more minutes until both sides are evenly toasted. While it is finishing, prepare salsa chicken.
- Cut your grilled chicken into pieces and place in a small mixing bowl. Stir salsa into chicken pieces adding any additional seasonings if desired. (I use a medium sauce and don’t add any spices in this step, but here’s where you personalize spice preference).
- When the bread comes out of the oven, pile salsa chicken right on it with juices and all. Top with guacamole and serve warm.
Nutrition per Serving: Calories 385, Total fat 14g, Fiber 2.6g, Carbs 26g, Protein 39g
Because of the high carb content of this recipe, I highly suggest using it as a lunch. Eating your complex carbs (starchy carbs) earlier in the day allows your body time to use them for energy. Eating them later at night tends to make your body store them as fat to use later.
*I use Schwan’s Garlic Texas Toast here because it is delicious and cooks from frozen. If you make your own garlic toast, the nutritional values will change some.
**My favorite guacamole is either Wholly Guacamole (which can be bought in most grocery stores in the produce section near the salad bags) or if you are in the Orlando area Larry Bly The Guac Guy makes an excellent guacamole (and delivers).