- 2 boxes Fiber Gourmet Light Mac & Cheese
- 1 can Organic Low Sodium Black Beans
- 1lb Boneless Skinless Chicken breast
- 1/2 cup 2% skim milk
- 3 tbsp Smart Balance Spread (or other low-fat butter spread)
- Bring about 6 – 10 cups water to a boil on the stove. While water is heating, grill chicken breasts either on George Foreman grill or other stove top grill.
- Once water is boiling, cook noodles to desired tenderness (about 7 – 10 minutes). Drain noodles, but don’t rinse.
- Cut grilled chicken into bite-sized pieces. Drain and rinse black beans; mix beans, cheese packet and milk together.
- Stir Smart Balance Spread into hot noodles to melt. Mix in all other ingredients. Season to taste.
Makes 6 servings that refrigerate well to be reheated. This is a good meal to make ahead of time and divide into lunch sized portions. Serve a fresh vegetable or green salad as a side. The only thing to watch is that it is a bit high in sodium, if you are on a low sodium diet you may need to have smaller portions.
Nutrition per serving: 270 calories, 1.6g fat, 20g fiber, 59g carbs, 940 sodium, 24.5g protein
Happy Eating, Everyone!
Please feel free to post any questions or your own suggestions in the comments below. Also, be sure to share this page with anyone that you think would benefit from it. I want to help put cooking, and fresh foods back into our daily routines.