1 package turkey Italian sausages, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup chopped sweet onion
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped (2 teaspoons)
2 medium yellow bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
2 medium red bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 jar (26 oz) tomato pasta sauce
4 1/2 cups uncooked rotini pasta
6 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, mix all ingredients except pasta and cheese.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- Serve sausage mixture over pasta; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Per Serving (1 Serving) Calories 630 (Calories from Fat 180),Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 5g,Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 60mg; Sodium 1840mg; Total Carbohydrate 86g (Dietary Fiber 6g, Sugars 18g), Protein 28g
- Garlic bread and a crisp green salad make great accompaniments to this hearty meal
- Try making this dish with Grass-Fed Italian Beef Sausage for great added flavor
- You can greatly reduce the calories and add fiber by using Fiber Gourmet noodles instead of your regular brand
Happy Eating, Everyone!
Please feel free to post any questions or your own suggestions in the comments below. Also, be sure to share this page with anyone that you think would benefit from it. I want to help put cooking, and fresh foods back into our daily routines.